The number of U.S.-based airlines has been dwindling for decades, going from an extensive network of regional carriers and airports of varying sizes, to a landscape dominated by the Big Four: American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, and United Airlines. But even among those massive companies, only one—American Airlines—was able to turn even a modest profit in the first quarter of 2023.
And then there’s the COVID-19 pandemic, which has made everything worse (except for that brief period when people were polite to each other and the middle seats were left vacant). In the midst of all that, a new airline—Breeze Airways—launched in May 2021, and is currently having a flash sale on fares. Here’s what to know.
How to book cheap flights during the Breeze Airways flash sale
Breeze Airways’ “Stretch it Out” sale is currently underway, and features one-way fares starting at $29 on more than 90 different routes from 30 cities for travel between August 9—29.
Examples of routes with $29 one-way fares include:
- Cincinnati (CVG) to/from Charleston, South Carolina (CHS)
- Las Vegas (LAS) to/from San Bernardino, California (SBD)
- Phoenix (PHX) to/from Provo, Utah (PVU)
Examples of routes with $39 one-way fares include:
- Hartford County, Connecticut (BDL) to/from Charleston, South Carolina (CHS)
- Providence, Rhode Island (PVD) to/from Norfolk, Virginia (ORF)
- Jacksonville, Florida (JAX) to/from New Orleans(MSY)
- Tampa (TPA) to/from Richmond, Virginia (RIC)
- Charleston, South Carolina (CHS) to/from Long Island, New York (ISP)
To take advantage of the sale, tickets must be booked by 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, July 17. You can find all the fine print, as well as a full list of the routes included in the flash sale, on the Breeze Airways website.