In football, as in other competitive games, there is the concept of initiative – control over the situation, on which the probability of victory and how the match will go in general depend very much.
There are several factors that affect the ability to control the initiative and increase the percentage in your favor:
- Adaptability to the situation
Performers are a significant factor in controlling the course of a match, but not decisive. Titled players do not guarantee victory, but they increase the likelihood of winning, and also allow you to close mistakes due to technical characteristics – running, agility, dribbling.
In order to assemble a strong or medium squad, which will gradually be completed by strong players, you need to constantly farm FIFA 23 coins, or follow the link – https://skycoach.gg/fifa-boost/fifa-coins and buy them on a special website.
Do not chase the top lineup – build a strong base and gradually improve the players.
The initiative – or full control over the situation with the ball and without it – is provided by the player, and not by the performers in any case.
There are several tactics for retaining the initiative and its growth – let’s consider each of them:
- Attacking, aggressive football
- Defensive, counter-attacking football
Attacking, aggressive football
Football, which allows you to control the initiative as much as possible and prevent the opponent from even touching the ball with due experience and skill.
Consists of two key elements:
- Ball control
The team constantly keeps the ball in their possession – passes, crosses, return back if necessary, but the ball is always kept.
This tactic is very exhausting for enemy players, as they have to constantly move after the ball and try to take it away, expending strength and risking a defensive foul and getting a free kick, or a yellow card for a minor foul, or a red card for a gross foul.
When the enemy is lured from the gate at a sufficient distance and there are gaps in the defense, the attack begins, and the attackers run in with the help of midfielders in order to score a goal.
You will periodically lose the ball – this is inevitable and not very important. What is important is what actions you take to return the ball and the game initiative.
To regain control of the ball and the situation on the field, you need to turn on the pressure. Create a tight formation of players around the opponent with the ball and block potential passes and passes to him, and at the same time press the player in order to take the ball away, or knock him out.
Don’t use the dash all the time – this will quickly exhaust the player and need to be replaced – use the dash for a short period of time to shoot for the ball – this will be enough.
Opponents with the ball must be under constant pressure from your players – this will cause them to make mistakes and lose the ball, or take reckless actions that will take away his initiative.
Defensive, counter-attacking football
Defensive and counter-attacking football is a great way to control the flow of a match against difficult opponents with strong performers.
In order to fully implement defensive tactics and control the course of the fight even without the ball, you must follow the following rules:
- The emphasis in the match is on defenders and midfielders.
- Control and tackling the ball is top priority, only then counterattacks.
- The ball is held by passing and luring the opponent, if the ball is lost, then all players go on the defensive and press until the ball is returned.
- When the ball passes under your control, but the opponent does not have time to quickly retreat to their positions – go to the counterattack – either with a quick pass technique or a canopy on the oncoming attacker, but be careful not to get offside.
- Keep control always, if the counterattack fails – pass back, do not lead to the loss of the ball.
- If you missed one or more balls – go to aggressive football.
- If you are playing in a draw, then activate after 70 minutes and increase the pressure. Make the first substitutions for tired key players.
- If you win by at least one ball margin, you can just hold the ball and catch the opponent on mistakes, even without moving forward. Don’t be afraid to pass the goalkeeper to stall time, but be careful not to miss a random goal.
Adaptability to the situation
To increase your chances of winning a match, you need to constantly adapt to the situation on the field.
If the score is equal – at the 70th minute, make substitutions. Change tired midfielder and striker. Choose the third player according to the principle of what is missing on the field – if the completion of the strikes, then the attacker, if the scoring chances, then the midfielder.